CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Under the Sea

This past Sunday, we had Alyssa's 5th birthday party. It was a mermaid/under the sea party. I'm not big into character themes, so I steered clear of The Little Mermaid, instead opting to make the party room look like an ocean scene. Here's a few (hundred!) pics...









I can't stand cheap party favors. I spend the next couple of days trying to throw them away without Alyssa noticing. So, I certainly don't like to spend money on them for my kids' parties. This year, I bought these great cups with lids and fun straws, painted the kids names on them, and filled them up with "good" candy (Snickers, M&Ms, Twix, etc...) for the kids to take home. What kid couldn't use more cups with lids? From what I could tell, the moms were grateful for a party favor they could actually use.


I ordered the cake from The Blue Cake Co. They also did this one and this one for me. I showed them pictures and explained what I wanted, but they went above and beyond my expectations on this one! It was so pretty that I didn't want to cut into it!!! But, of course, we did, and it was super yummy!!!






For those of you who know my family history, you will understand the reason I love this picture so much. My mom, sister, dad & his girlfriend, Ginny, stood here visiting for a long while. Ginny and my mom get along so well, and I am so thankful for that. They even hugged before Daddy and Ginny left! Divorce is never good, but since there was one, I am so glad that this is what my family now looks like!


I was worried that B would have a melt down at the party since it started in the middle of her normal nap time. However, she surprised me and was in a great mood all afternoon! She was thoroughly entertained by the treasure chest necklaces and playing with the helium balloons!!!


The kiddos playing "Fish, Fish, Shark"












Alyssa loves to dance (I think it must be in her DNA!), so the kids played freeze dance, and had so much fun! We all had fun watching them too!






Jo Jo and Alyssa "freezing!!!"


Sweet little T getting his groove on!!!


Enjoying her day!!!






Singing "Happy Birthday" to my favorite 5 year old!!!!!!!!!!!


Alyssa is all about drama...usually in an entertaining way! Several of these next pics are blurry, but I love how they show her flair for the dramatic!!!!








I hate that there's a shadow on this pic because it's so good of B and Joanna! I had to include it anyway...






Yea for presents!!!!!








Aunt Meredith made up for all the testosterone in her own house by getting the blingiest tutu she could find for Alyssa!!!






Chris' parents and sister got Alyssa a real digital camera. Needless to say, Alyssa was super excited. She even stopped in the middle of opening presents to tell them thank you! She has been "posing" us ever since!!!




Did any of you have one of these as a kid? I loved playing with mine and was thrilled that Uncle Sha got one for Alyssa!!!




She got a card with $20 bucks!!! She didn't know what to do with herself!!!


Finally getting some time to play with sweet baby Samuel!


I HAD to include this picture because I know exactly what we were talking about in it! So freaking funny!!! I promise we aren't mad at each other!!!


1 comments:

Tiffany Dawn said...

so sweet! I loved watching your videos - esp the ones of Chris giving her flowers and the PRINCESS balloon! Great job on the party!!!

5 sounds so old! I have one more yr till I'm the mom of a 5 yr old! YIKES!

Thanks for sharing!
Tiff