CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 5, 2009

For once, a topper that I love!

I have been searching for a new Christmas tree topper for about 3 years. I've had a beautiful silver bow that I've used, but it's starting to show some wear, and frankly, I'm tired of it. So, this year I decided to just do my own. I got the idea from my friend, Meredith, the DIY queen!!! Everything she does looks great, so I "borrow" lots of ideas from her! Thanks, Mere!

I knew I wanted to use silver curly willow as part of the tree topper, but couldn't find any at Hobby Lobby. So, instead I picked up some plain curly willow and this...



When I got home, I grabbed an old sheet and headed outside. This is the before...



...and the after.


For another part of my tree topper idea, I "borrowed" an idea from Meredith. If you follow her blog, you probably saw this post around Christmas time last year. Thankfully, my extremely talented graphic designer hubby comes in pretty handy around our house. Like when my printer won't work and I need a stencil...he's wonderful enough to just freehand it on to foam board for me!


I know there's a glare, but I wanted to document his help!!


One sharp Exacto knife and about 15 minutes later...


Next, a LOT of glue and even more glitter and voila! There will be a picture of the final product all put together and on the tree in the next post!

1 comments:

Julee said...

Ugh! I want to see the finished product now!! Haha! :)