The Sunday after Thanksgiving we decorated our tree. Alyssa put most of the ornaments on it, except for the bottom 18 inches or so...that's the ornament free area for B's sake! She hasn't really messed with the tree much, but we took precautions just in case. I don't have several of my most cherished, and VERY breakable, ornaments on my tree this year!
So, get ready for a ton of pictures, and please forgive the quality of the first several...something weird was going on with my little camera. I started using Chris' later.
This is Alyssa's 1st Christmas ornament. The nurses made it in the nursery at the hospital when she was born. It has her date of birth and footprints on it. I absolutely love it...it was a wonderful surprise!
Chris hanging up his first Christmas ornament.
Here's Alyssa posing...you know, something new and different! Ha!
Blakely still wasn't feeling great, but she enjoyed looking at everything as we decorated.
Here we are hanging B's first Christmas ornament. It's a silver rattle with James 1:17 engraved on it.
"Helping" hang her 1st Christmas ornament...
This is Alyssa's ornament for this year. We made it at the Firefly Studio. On one side is her hand print...
...and on the other side it says, "This is the hand you used to hold when I was only 4 years old. Alyssa 2009" I absolutely LOVE it!!! We're doing one just like it for B, too, but we just haven't gotten it back yet.
Blakely taking advantage of the only time during the holidays that she's allowed to touch the ornaments.
"What dis?" So cute!
Alyssa loves to use my camera. Chris and I were hanging our very first Christmas ornament that we bought as a married couple. So, we asked Alyssa to take a picture. This was the first take, "Oops...I didn't get your faces. Let me do it again." So funny!
Take two..."There! Got it!"
The finished product! I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Some of my favorite ornaments...




Without a doubt, my love of Christmas ornaments comes from my mom. It was not surprising at all when she got this one for Alyssa on her 1st birthday. Love it!

Alyssa's 1st Christmas ornament...


Our first Christmas ornament...


I've collected nutcrackers of all kinds for over a decade. This one hangs on our tree and was a gift from my parents in '95...Mom found it while they were on a trip to Chicago.



"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17


This stocking ornament is so very special to me. My Aunt Bettylynn (my daddy's big sister, my best friend's MIL, and one of the aunts that Alyssa and I are named after) has made these for all of her nieces and nephews. Mine is still hanging on my mom's tree every year. I was thrilled to get one from her for Alyssa, too. Blakely's is still in production!




0 comments:
Post a Comment