Sunday, December 6, 2009
It's about the small things...
A few weeks ago I was at Hobby Lobby with the girls, looking at all of the Christmas decorations, and Alyssa fell in love with a 4' silver Christmas tree. "Mommy, can we pleeeease get this tree for our room? Pleeeeease?" The girls are sharing a bedroom, so there's zero room for a tree, so I just told her that when we build our new house, we'll get one then. A little while later, I was in the Christmas section of Hobby Lobby again...this time by myself. I happened to be in the miniature tree aisle and saw that they were 50% off and so were all of the the mini-tree decorations. I decided that even though the girls couldn't get a larger tree for their room right now, there was no reason they couldn't get a small one for the book shelf...especially for 50% off! The next day, I took Alyssa back and let her pick out a tree and all of the decorations for it (with a little bit of guiding so that it all matched!) She was so excited and could have cared less that it was smaller than the tree she originally wanted. We got their room all cleaned up, dusted the shelves (which hasn't happened in a while!), and with minimal help from me, she decorated it all by herself. My (not so) baby girl had so much fun! And so did her mommy :)!!! I'm so glad that God has given me enough sense to realize that it's not about the size of tree or giving the girls everything they want, but about making memories with them...starting traditions that will hopefully be passed down to my grandchildren one day! Love you, Alyssa! I had so much fun picking out and decorating your sweet little tree with you!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Absolutely adorable! The tree and Alyssa!! I love it!
Post a Comment