CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 1, 2009

Sand, Sun, & Surf

I am so excited! I just booked our vacation for Florida! It will be our first family vacation with our kids ever!!! We are only going for 3 days, but I'll take all I can get. Besides, with Chris' new job, I am grateful that they let him have the time off...and I think that chasing the kids on the beach any longer than 3 days might start to feel like work rather than play, even with my AMAZING sister-in-law's help!

I am doing my best not to panic though. About packing. I know 3 days isn't a long time, but the fact that the smallest person in the house will need the most stuff has me on organization & planning overload. I've never taken our kids to the beach, so I only have an inkling as to what we'll need. I've already got a tent (we're actually taking a canopy), baby powder, sunscreen, and sand toys on the list, and of course our clothes and other necessities, but past that, I've got no clue!

So, hopefully all of you blogger moms can help...a few of you already have via Facebook! Let me know what you were glad you took and what you wished that you had taken. Like...do I take both packnplays...one for the beach? Do I take the Exersaucer? What about float devices for Alyssa? I would rather not do a life jacket.

Also, fun stuff. I'm already planning on buying a bag of shells and burying them in "our area" of the beach for Alyssa to hunt...any other ideas?

Oh...and Beauties...yes I'm doing my best not to panic about the swimsuit. Last year, I was big and preggers and wore my bikini with pride...this year - well, not so much. But I do plan on saving some cheats for that weekend ;) It will be my birthday!!!

0 comments: