CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

First Field Trip

I can't believe that I went with my baby on her first field trip today. By this time next year, she'll be registered for Kindergarten. Crazy! I took a TON of pictures this morning, and so there are a ton in this post. I couldn't help myself, but trust me, there's a ton that I didn't put on here!


Waiting to go in...


Alyssa and her sweet friend, Anna.


Blakely waiting very patiently to go to the zoo for the first time!






Watching the tiger. He got VERY close!




See...I think he was stalking us. Or trying to get closer to the elephants across the street.


I didn't even have to zoom in, he walked right by us.


Alyssa's class and teacher by the elephants.


Blakely looking at the giraffes.


Check that out, Mom! What is that thing?


It's a 2 year old lion...only been at the zoo for 5 months. The first time he went outside in his habitat, something spooked him. He tried to jump up the wall and hit the electric fence. Since then, he's only been outside for 15 to 30 seconds at a time until today...we were very fortunate to see him! He'll double in size when he's full grown! The kids loved it!


Alyssa really liked the rhinos. We've never seen them so close-up before today.


(Anna)Check that out. (Alyssa) It's a porcupine.


(Anna) I bet those pointy things would hurt. (Alyssa) Yeah they would. We'd definitely have to go to the hospital. In an ambulance. (Anna) Definitely.


We forgot to take a family pic at the zoo, and by the time we got home Blakely was sound asleep. So Alyssa and I self-portraited (can I make that a verb?) ourselves.

0 comments: