Alyssa's presents from us...High School Musical candy (from me) and pj's (from Chris), singing cards, the movie Madeline, a stuffed alligator w/ conversation hearts...there's also a HUGE singing heart balloon that's not in this picture!
My girls on VDay morning...Blakely was smiling like crazy...just never at the camera...and notice the chocolate around Alyssa's mouth...candy for breakfast! Yes, I'm one of those moms...we also eat cake for breakfast on birthdays...and the day after birthdays!
Couldn't find my heart-shaped cookie cutter, so I improvised with our ABC cookie cutters (Thanks, Grandma!)
The VDay planning for Chris and I started several weeks ago. Well for me anyway...it was all a surprise for Chris, so it was SO much fun to be able to do this for him. I found a package deal at the Doubletree that included a fantastic, river-view room for the night, breakfast the next morning and Arkansas Symphony Orchestra tickets for their Mancini and Moonlight production. We also went to dinner at Macaroni Grill - yummy shrimp and artichoke dip! We had so much fun! My wonderful, amazing, fantastic sis-in-law came and kept the girls and brought Chris' favorite candy (that I HATE to make!) with her for me to have in the room as another surprise (thanks again to her and my MIL for that! Y'all rock!) It was our first night away since Blakely was born, and we SO needed it! Even for only the night...we call it our "stay-cation" Anyway...the best part was that Chris only found out what we were doing as the night went on...I almost never get to surprise him...he usually figures it out if I try...but not this time! So much fun! And I recommend the ASO to anyone who has never been. Even your husbands will enjoy a night there!
I hate this picture of me, but it's all I've got...I've been working really hard with my trainer, and have lost more baby weight...so can't tell here...isn't black supposed to be slimming?? Ha!

0 comments:
Post a Comment