Alyssa had her first Valentine's Day school party yesterday. It was so much fun to watch the kids. The snacks were too cute, too! I was in charge of bringing cookies or cupcakes, so I did the supermom thing and made beautiful icing covered heart-shaped sugar cookies...ok, so I bought them at Community Bakery, but it's the thought that counts, right? Besides Community Bakery cookies rock! Other moms brought chocolate covered heart pretzels and crackers and heart shaped cheese...the kids loved it all! They had a great time passing out and receiving their valentines. And they played a fun game...it was a race to see who could lick the words off of a conversation heart the fastest...so funny! I got some video, but it didn't turn out well...too many people moving around! Below are a few pics of all the fun!
Here's Alyssa opening her valentines from her friends!

Blakely enjoyed exploring the book center while the big kids were having their fun...she was so good while we were there!


Alyssa's goodies...

Another mom makes these rice krispie treat bears for every party and decorates them accordingly...these had a conversation heart on their chest...so cute! The kids love them!

Alyssa handing out her High School Musical 3 valentines w/ suckers...yes, we know she's obsessed with HSM...and yes, we will be buying the DVD next week!

Aren't these the cutest goody bags ever? The kids made them in the morning before the party...precious!

Snacking away on yummies!
1 comments:
What a great party! Sounds like some really creative moms in that class. We did the same thing as you--bought store bought iced cookies. ;) I guarantee they tasted better than if I had made them.
Post a Comment