CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Randoms...

Alyssa is such a sweetie. We have our moments, and I'm sure we'll have many more as she grows up, but when it comes down to it, we really love each other. And I genuinely enjoy her company - she is so much fun!


My dad (Papaw Boots) got Alyssa a couple of puzzles for Christmas. "The Aunts" (my MIL's sisters) put them together with her several times while we were in Branson over the holiday, but yesterday was the first time that she's ever done it all by herself. She was so proud!


Sunday night, Chris and Alyssa were going to Wal-Mart. I don't remember for what. I do know that I called him right after they left and asked him to bring me something - anything - chocolate. He made it seem to Alyssa like they were getting me a surprise - and she insisted that they get these for me too! So sweet!



We have been reading this book everyday at nap and bedtime - sometimes more. It's fantastic, and I'm so proud of Alyssa. It has a Bible verse and story for every letter of the alphabet. (A- A soft answer turns away wrath. Proverbs 15:1)And then it has a couple of questions about the story, you practice the verse, review past verses, and pray. We are on letter "X" tonight. So she has all or part of 23 verses memorized - or as we like to say - hidden in her heart! I AM SO PROUD!!! It's been the only book she's wanted to read for about 2 weeks now. I've been wondering what she's going to want to do after we've read "Z". Today after we read "W" she counted how many letters we had left, and said, "Mom, we only have 3 left and then we can start all over again!" So precious! I love how God is working in her and how He's used this book to give us prayer/Bible time with her and make it really fun!


1 comments:

hannah said...

way to go on the puzzle! seriously, that is impressive. and, what ever happened to puzzles. kids don't play with them anymore. so glad to see alyssa likes them!

also, love the book. we will for sure look into getting one!