CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Sisters...


When I found out that I was pregnant with Blakely, I couldn't help but want another girl. Alyssa has been so much fun and such a blessing, I wanted double of both. But more than that, I wanted Alyssa to have a sister. I have several friends that have sisters that are close in age. My little sister is almost 12 years younger than me, so it's only been in the last year or so that we've gotten closer...I love it, but it's not the same as growing up together from a young age. I went to Holiday House last Friday with one of those sister-friends, Jessica Gillson. She and her sister, Carol (Buck) DePriest, are one set of the sisters that made me want a second girl. While we were shopping, we ran across a wall hanging that said...

Sister will you...make believe...play dress up...let me be the princess...tell me stories in the dark...always be my friend...

I love that my girls will do all of those things together and so much more...always be best friends...even though they will probably fight pretty hard too...always support each other...be there to help heal broken hearts...and celebrate when they each have little girls of their own. There is something so special about sisters, and I'm so thankful that God loves me and trusts me enough to raise them.



Alyssa and Blakely...you girls are so special to each other already...even at 3 years and 3 months. Lys - you love nothing more than to be close to your baby sister, touching her in some way. You love to cheer her on as she learns new things. You cheer for her every time she accomplishes anything...even if it's the 500th time she's rolled over! Your favorite thing, though, is for Blakely to smile at you...it amazes you every time! You always ask why she does it...my answer is always "B/c she loves you" And it's the truth...Blakely - you love your big sissy w/ all 13.4 pounds of your being. You light up when she talks or sings to you. Especially in the car...which you are still not too fond of riding in! I pray that as you both grow up, you will never take each other for granted...that you'll love each other as much as I love you both. You are both such joys in my life...Love, Mommy




2 comments:

The Bertram's said...

Whitney,
that was such a sweet post. I loved it. Sisters are so sweet. I love that sign that you saw. Do you know what booth had that. I would love it for Ava and her sister's bathroom or playroom. So cute.
Devin

Shared Visions Photography said...

Great post... you would go and make me get all teary-eyed! :) Thanks for sharing, your girls are incredible - just like their Mommy! Briana