"Hey Mama?"
"What, baby?"
"What are we doing today?" or "Can I have a slushie?" or (today) "Can I have another piece of candy?"
But as I look at my sweet baby (as she color coordinates her m&m's at her table!!) I think about how fast the last 4 years have gone. And I don't want to forget this moment. She's grown so fast I've almost missed it. And I question myself...my parenting...Have I made the right choices? Am I teaching her enough about God? Does she know...really know...how much I love her? How much God loves her? How captivated He is by her? What more can I do to teach her to love Him, His Son, His Word? Will she grow up knowing how precious she is to me and to Him? I never want her to doubt it...not for one second. And I want to learn from every mistake I've ever made with her and never repeat it with Blakely...they both deserve better.
So, in all of the busyness that takes over our lives day after day...I want to try to remember to cherish it all...from being excited about 17 red m &m's in her hands and the pure joy on her face about the color of the starburst she just openned to the 50th "Hey, Mama?" of the day. No matter how tired I am, I never want to take it for granted...this moment will never happen again.
My sweet baby, Alyssa...you are so worth everything I do and more. I'm sorry I don't always make the best decisions, but my love for you will always be there...to answer all of your questions or doubts...to be sad with you when you're hurting...to cheer you on in all of your accomplishments (even if it's just not wetting the bed all night long - way to go big girl!!!) I am so proud to be your mommy...God must love me very much to give you to me because you are the best gift I could ever get! I love you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment