CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Post-election day blues...

I am so sad...sad that this country has forgotten the values it was founded on...values that protected the sanctity of life and of marriage. Values that rewarded this country's citizens for hard work, ambition, perseverance and determination...not rewards for people who don't deserve them...who feel they are owed something and aren't willing to work hard for their families and expect my hard earned tax dollars to support them. Yes, I think it is amazing that an black man will be taking the office of president this January...it's amazing to see the strides our country has taken to overcome prejudices of the past. I just don't think that the choice was worth taking the chance of sacrificing the future of my children. I will pray very hard for Barack Obama...he needs our prayers more than he knows b/c when you're not in the will of God, it's very hard to accomplish anything good.

On a lighter note...I received a very funny (in my opinion) and hopefully true text message from my father in law this morning letting me know that it's only 1537 days until the next president will be inaugurated...good luck Huck!!!

4 comments:

The Bells said...

Should we go ahead and get in line now to vote?

Ashley said...

hey! thanks for commenting on my blog! i'm so glad i found you!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

hey-i agree with your thoughts and am praying even harder for the new president. i dislike that this is now all about race and not the issues. i hope we are not so focused on us that we don't forget about what is going on on the other side of the world...that is where it is all going down regardless of what happens over here.

hannah said...

thanks for the tip on shampoo! and it really does smell like daffodils!

love to you guys!