Blakely's 9 month well child check-up was this morning. Everything is great...in fact, she's ahead of schedule in many areas, especially since she'll be walking this month I think. She weighs in at 17 lbs. 4 oz (25th percentile) and is 30 in. long (90th percentile)! So basically she's long and skinny!!! Just the right size for 9 month clothes to be too short and 12 month clothes to be too big!! We also got a prescription steroid cream for Blakely's eczema. It's not for every day use, only during flare-ups. I was glad to get it because while her eczema isn't horrible or getting worse, it's not getting any better either, and it seems to really bother her most on the back of her neck and around her collar bones. Both of these places are easily accessible for her to scratch, or rather, claw at herself. Hopefully, the new cream will work. She also had her finger pricked to run a CBC (I think that's right?), just to make sure she's not anemic, etc. Pretty typical work-up for 9 months. I also found out they'll do it again at 12 months to check for lead since so many toys have been recalled due to lead content...crazy.
We've been letting Blakely try several different finger foods off and on since Easter. Given the fact that she's gagged on all of them made me think that she's not quite ready yet. The pediatrician said that this is completely normal and okay...just keep trying. Here's a few pictures of her eating Cheerio's for the first (& only!) time...

This one's my favorite!

She loved the first Cheerio that she ate...second one...mmmmmm, not so much.

After her doctor's appointment, Blakely and I needed to do some shopping and along the way we picked up some Keds for her...just like her big sister's.

Are these not so cute! So tiny!

"I like my new shoes, Mommy! I wonder how they taste?"

Such a big girl!

Already loving Baby Jesus!
1 comments:
Walking at nine months!! That will be awesome...shes a cutie.
Keep up the good work with the challenge, i cant believe its almost day five!! Love ya girl
Post a Comment