Some of you may think I'm crazy, but I have to post this so that I don't forget it...
For the last couple of years, I have kept my ears open for songs that we might like to be sung at our girls' baptisms in 2 or 3 years or even in their weddings years from now. I just don't want to forget about a song that really gets the message of the occasion or moment across...So, I pay attention.
Rebekah (Willis) Wallace and her husband, Michael (both OBU alumni and great friends), lead worship at our church, and this morning they sang this song, Worthy is the Lamb. I'd heard it before, but this time I immediately could picture Rebekah (who has a beautiful voice!) singing it following Alyssa's baptism. I know that this still might be 2 or more years down the road, but we only get to experience it once. Anyway...this song is an option. Alyssa and/or Blakely might have a favorite song that they decide on then, but for now...
Thank you for the cross Lord
Thank you for the price You paid
Bearing all my sin and shame
In love You came
And gave amazing grace
Thank you for this love Lord
Thank you for the nail pierced hands
Washed me in Your cleansing flow
Now all I know
Your forgiveness and embrace
Worthy is the Lamb
Seated on the throne
Crown You now with many crown
You reign victorious
High and lifted up
Jesus Son of God
The Darling of Heaven crucified
Worthy is the Lamb
Worthy is the Lamb
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
every.single.time. i hear this song, my eyes well up with tears.
great choice. i love it.
that is one of my favorite songs ever!!!!
this is one of my favorite songs too...the cd that it is on is one of my favorites too!
I saw your comment on Tanna's blog, it caught my eye because of Blakely. That's my daughters name, so of course I had to check out your blog. You have cute cute girls!
Post a Comment