Not a whole lot has been going on around here...Just a lot of loving life and our precious girls growing up too fast! Alyssa had her 4 year well child check up last week. She did great until I told her that she was going to have to get 3 shots...talk about MELTDOWN! Let's just put it this way...the doctor was outside of the exam room in the hall and thought that Alyssa had already gotten the shots b/c of all the LOUD crying...I'd only told her about them...10 minutes before. She cried (uncontrollably I might add) for a solid 10 minutes before and after the immunizations - which I expected. What I didn't expect was for ME to cry. It was like I was back at her 2 month check-up and first shots all over again. I think it's the restraining part...she was in my lap with my arms and legs wrapped around hers...it's almost like I'm helping to hurt her...I cried and cried right along with my brave baby girl. She was pretty fired up that she got 3 band-aids, a sucker, a sticker, and a smoothie! Here's a few pics of the festivities!
Blakely turned 7 months old on February 15th. No check-up this month, and there's nothing new to report that I haven't already blogged about. She is growing like crazy and has really started being more vocal...no dada's or mama's yet, but I'm sure it will be soon!
This is a new trick of hers...throwing her head back...**we love it when she does it while we're trying to feed her...love it! (**sarcasm inserted here!)
She's never really been a thumb sucker, but I have a feeling that it's become a way of self-soothing while she's in the bed going to sleep (when she's lost her paci). Pretty cute as long as it's not a habit while she's awake!
Check out my hawk! Daddy thinks it's cool!
We took these this morning after church. A very good friend of mine, Amy Kemmer (thanks girl!), got her this beautiful smocked dress while Blakely was still in my belly! (Another pretty one just for you Mama White!)
My girls love each other so much! They are absolutely precious together!
1 comments:
Ok, I have to admit that I laughed out loud reading about Alyssa's meltdown at the doctor's office, but only because I can so relate! Abby and Avery both have meltdowns just hearing the word "shot". And I love Blakely's pictures...I had forgotten that I'd gotten that dress for her! Both of your kids are beautiful!!
Post a Comment