CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Growing up...together

I just can not let this moment go by without preserving it. I'm afraid time will steal it from my memory. Alyssa and Blakely are officially sharing a room. Last night was the first night, and I didn't hear a peep out of either one of them. It's the first night EVER that Blakely hasn't cried for at least half a minute. And they were both very over-tired, which means that I should have heard something from both of them. May not be true, but I like to think that it's because they are in the room together, and it makes them feel even more safe and secure than before. And Alyssa is SO sweet about sharing her room. She's been at my mom's since Thursday and was very excited to get home and see her sissy's "new" bed in her room. And she reminds me that when they are both going to sleep, she's not supposed to say "a single word, mommy. not a single word." Even this morning when she woke up...still sleepy, she remembered to be quiet so that Blakely wouldn't wake.

They love each other so completely...





2 comments:

The Cates Fam said...

That is such a precious post! I hope that Addison has a little sister someday. Your girls are absolutly beautiful! love you!

Ashley said...

how sweet! i can't wait for the day when my boys will be sharing a room. there is something so special about it!