CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Been a while...

Well, it's been a while since I last posted, but now I've got pictures and a 6 month check-up to share, so the grandparents, aunts and uncles will be happy!!

Blakely turned 6 months old on the 15th. She is growing so fast! It seems like she should only be 3 months old...not twice that! And she's doing so much! So, here's a few pics and a run down of what's been going on in the life of Blakely!


She is cutting teeth! Both of her bottom teeth to be exact. There are some days where they are really swollen, and I think they are going to break through any minute. Then there are other days, like today, where they're not that bad, but I can still feel the bumps on her gums. So, who knows when they'll actually come in. In the meanwhile, we have a very runny nose (see the red nose in the pics!) and lots of drool!



She can sit up completely unsupported! There are still lots of times where she uses her hands to support herself, but she doesn't have to - just still trying to find her balance as she reaches for things.



I love those beautiful brown eyes!



Check out that sweet smile...and that bedhead!



Another picture of her sitting up. The pediatrician was very impressed that not only is she sitting up, she can get to a sitting position from her tummy or crawling by herself.



She is constantly rubbing her tongue against those two teeth coming in!




And chewing on everything she can get her sweet little hands on!



Not only is she sitting up, she is crawling! And I mean everywhere!!! Alyssa was crawling at this age, too, but I had forgotten what a shock it is to all of a sudden have a mobile baby! This pic is at the park...she was getting ready to crawl to me to try to get the camera...


More pictures of her sitting up and that sweet, sweet smile!








So, we went to see Dr. Lori (that's what we call her b/c Dr. Montgomery was too hard for Alyssa to say when she was little!) yesterday for Blakely's 6 month check-up and shots. I hate shots...I always feel like Blakely thinks I'm the one hurting her b/c I'm holding down her arms and right in her face talking to her when she gets them. And they seem to take forever b/c she's crying so hard. They don't take that long...Dr. Lori's nurse, Stacy, is really good and really fast. Blakely does pretty well when she's done with them though. Her legs are sore, and she sleeps more than usual, but other than that we're back to normal after a day or so.


She weighed in at 15 lbs 10 oz which is right at the 50th percentile. We've been eating rice cereal and baby oatmeal for about a month now, and she loves them. Can't get enough! She is also 28 inches long!!! Still in the 97th percentile on length, so she is still long and skinny. I'm a little worried b/c she just turned 6 months old, but we've been in 6-9 month clothes for about a month b/c of the length. But, most 6-9 month clothes only go to 28.5 inches!!! I feel like I am constantly buying her new things that are too big for her body, but she grows out of them in length so fast!!! I look forward to it eventually evening out like Alyssa did so that her clothes last longer than a month!


Dr. Lori also checked out Blakely's eczema...it's pretty much under control except for one spot on the back of her neck. It's not bad in comparison to how bad eczema can get with some kids, so I'm very grateful.


All in all, it was a great doctor visit. She's thriving in every area and is ahead of schedule on her milestones. I'm very proud of her for being so strong and smart and already learning how to sit by herself and crawl, but also very sad that she's growing SO fast. Before we left to go to the doctor, I was getting ready and happened to see her crawl over to our entertainment center and pull up to her knees with both hands on the lowest shelf of it! I told her "NO...you are not allowed to start pulling up yet!!" She just looked at me and smiled! So funny...


We're going to start her on baby food tonight. Green beans are on the menu, so there will be pictures coming soon!


Alyssa is doing great, too. She is still loving school and cubbies at church. Growing like a weed...her 4T jeans are already getting too short. And as beautiful as ever. We are still going through some "growing pains" with her. She is still trying to find herself and our limits. She's learning to find the positive in things, for example...being excited that we got to spend an hour at the park instead of being upset that we have to leave, etc. And she's got a new Bible. We LOVE it! It's called the Jesus Storybook Bible...you can buy it here. She's learning so many things that I love that she's learning already! Like the real reason behind "why Adam and Eve had to leave the beautiful garden" (her words). And I mean, she's learning what the Bible says about satan...not just "they ate the apple that God told them not to" It's so much fun to see the Word of God come alive in her!



This is her "pretty" smile! Such a poser!



Alyssa LOVES her High School Musical nightgown...I have to sneak it into the laundry! And isn't she gorgeous! Look at those eyes!



I swear...one of these days I will get a decent picture of both of my girls together...until then, pictures like this will have to do...


Well, I know this has been super long...sorry for that...guess I've had more to blog about than I thought!

0 comments: