I don't know about you guys, but I have an awesome husband. He works so hard for us all day, and then comes home and works some more. He plays and prays with his kids. He's taken the trash out since we started datiing (literally, I can count on one hand how many times I've taken out the trash in the last 7 1/2 years!) AND he helps with cleaning the house and LAUNDRY!!! (w/o me begging him to btw) He prays for me everyday...I know he does b/c there's a reminder that goes off on his iphone every morning so he doesn't forget, just in case he's busy.
He knew that I was having a hard time this weekend with all that's been going on with Alyssa, and our day-to-day lives in general. I don't think he really grasped all of it until I blogged on Monday. (btw...Although I am still concerned with everything I wrote about, the emotions are under control - God's control...no more letting satan run crazy with them!) Anyway, within 10 minutes of him reading it and calling to check on me, I received an email from him. For those of you who know Chris, you know how funny he is. He's always been able to make me (and everyone else) laugh - it's one of the reasons I fell in love with him. I knew that with this email, he was trying to do just that - make me smile, but also letting me see his side of things and make the point that, most of the time I get things right...even if it never feels like it.
Subject: Why my mommy is the best ever!
If Alyssa could type a paper on why my Mommy is the best Mommy ever!
It would probably look something similar to this….
My Mommy is the best mommy ever because:
Every morning she lets me pick out a chocolate from the advent calendar to eat for breakfast.
She always makes sure that no matter what I am wearing - I have something on that makes me look super cute.
She throws the best parties ever – for my 4th birthday, I had 3 cakes and she rented the zoo animals, all my friends thought I had the coolest party ever!.... They still talk about it!
Every day she thinks about what she can do to bless me and Blakely and how she can teach us about serving others. Now I have learned to get an XS for daddy every 5 minutes. He loves it!
She is constantly aware of what I am learning in school and stretches me to be the best I can be… by looking to see what was on the schedule today at school and asking me questions about what I learned and what was my favorite part….she also works with me to learn my verses at cubbies.
She constantly encourages me everyday and tells me that my dancing is beautiful even when it's the 70th time I sing "What time is it…Summer Time" (High School Musical).
She looks and pays attention to every piece of cut-out paper that I cut with my scissors, every scribble I colored with my crayons, and every letter I made on a piece of paper. She also gets me the best crayons, markers, and paints so that I can be very colorful and explore my creativity.
She continually teaches me how to be sweet and what it means to be a kid of the king.
She lets me jump on my bed whenever I want….This is one of my favorites…thanks Mom!
She picks out the coolest HSM pajamas in the world!
She praises me every time I have a clean pull-up after a nap or a good night sleep.
She takes me to the latest releases of my favorite movies in the BIG theatre…HSM3
She constantly laughs at my sanguine personality and the outrageously funny things that come out of my mouth sometimes….Usually I hear them from Daddy.
She shelters me from how stupid and lazy some of my relatives are, and creates a Camelot environment for me to have the best childhood memories, like she remembers hers to be.
She builds me up so that I believe that my lil sissy thinks I am the coolest big sister in the whole wide world…. I have learned to now encourage my sister as well and I am surprised at how fast Blakely is learning and growing.
She is an incredible cook and prepares all my favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including orange Danishes.
She makes sure that Santa knows exactly what I want for Christmas including a pink HSM or Barbie bicycle.
She lets me watch cartoons and Disney movies without wanting to watch any of her shows.
She teaches me something new everyday, works with me on my learning and communication, and because of that, other mommies and daddies comment on how smart I am….I tell them it's because my mommy works with me every day, and answers 100s of questions everyday!!!
She reads books to me at night, sings me songs, and taught me how to close my eyes and pray to God, and oh yes….She lets me get up to have one more drink of water before I go to sleep every night!
She loves my daddy and tells him everyday that she is thankful for how hard he works, she encourages him, tells him how much she loves him, and she tells me everyday how good looking and handsome my daddy is and how blessed she is to have such a great husband.
She sets the bar high at making sure I have seen every example of being a true woman of strength, I hope I can do ½ as good raising my girls as she has done with me and sissy.
*And the number one reason –
Is because she stays home with me ALL DAY and makes sacrifices so she doesn't have to send me to daycare where they would ignore my accomplishments, never build me up and encourage me, and would probably never teach me how to serve others and become a kind of the king!
Thanks for being the best Mommy!
I LOVE YOU!
Alyssa Lynn ; )
*Disclaimer - I hope this doesn't offend any of you working moms...Chris & I both totally understand that families do what they have to do and working moms/daycare is a personal choice for every family...and me being home to raise our girls was the most important thing to us and the right decision for our family.
2 comments:
That is really so sweet!
Awesome--and every word of it true.
Post a Comment