CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blakely's pool day and update





Blakely had her first day at Mimi's pool yesterday. It was my "nephew" Caden's birthday party. She didn't actually get in the pool...there were too many kids splashing...but I found this swimsuit when I was pregnant and couldn't help myself. So, of course, I had to get pictures.

I had intended on doing monthly updates on here about Blakely...what she's doing now, how she's growing, etc. But since she's now almost six weeks old, I'm a little off schedule. I'll try to get it right at the 2nd month "birthday". But for now, here's an update...

**She has officially hit the 10 lb. mark...I weighed her just a couple of days ago and she was 10 pounds even. I'm just glad she wasn't born that way...almost, but not quite!

**I still feel like all I do is feed her, but that's not quite true. She pretty much eats every 3 hours and nursing is going very well!

**She sleeps through the night!!!! Well for the most part. Depending on the timing of her nursing schedule, she has her last feeding and goes to bed between 9 and 11pm and usually doesn't get up to eat again until between 4 and 5am. She's been doing this since about 4 weeks old.

** On this past Friday night she went to bed at 10:30 pm and didn't wake up until 6:45 am...I woke up in a panic! But very rested!

**She is much more alert now and starting to coo and smile (real ones, not the gassy kind!)

**She can hold her head up very well for about 45 seconds before she loses the control of it. Alyssa thinks its funny when sissy's head "bonks down". Not sure if we should be worried about that - ha!

All in all, she is a great baby and I love being her mommy! We are loving getting to know her more and more everyday!

1 comments:

The Cates Fam said...

hey girl!! found you on sara's blog....your girls are beautiful!