Chris competed in his 1st triathlon this past weekend at Iron Mountain. The girls and I had so much fun watching him race and cheering him on. He did great!!! He was
1st overall in the swim! The people around us watching the swim were saying things like, "Look at the guy in front...man, he is quick...look how far out in front he is..." I couldn't help but be a proud wife and eventually tell them that the quick guy way out in front was my husband! He ended up finishing 16th overall (out of about 75) and 3rd in his age group with a time of 1:13:32, only about 13 minutes behind 1st place!!! I thought that was really great for his 1st one! I would've been proud just to finish! Ha! He has 9 more scheduled for this year, so I'm sure he'll just keep improving with each one!
Waiting on the swim to start!!!
1st overall in the swim! The people around us watching the swim were saying things like, "Look at the guy in front...man, he is quick...look how far out in front he is..." I couldn't help but be a proud wife and eventually tell them that the quick guy way out in front was my husband! He ended up finishing 16th overall (out of about 75) and 3rd in his age group with a time of 1:13:32, only about 13 minutes behind 1st place!!! I thought that was really great for his 1st one! I would've been proud just to finish! Ha! He has 9 more scheduled for this year, so I'm sure he'll just keep improving with each one!
Waiting on the swim to start!!!
Yea!!!!!!! Go Daddy!!!
Alyssa quickly made friends with another little girl there, and they enjoyed playing together between transitions. They played lots of tag! I had the opportunity to teach Alyssa about sportsmanship since the girl was only 3...Alyssa was very good about allowing the girl to tag her every few minutes so that they could take turns...


Blakely couldn't have behaved better! She normally gets tired of being in a stroller within just a few minutes, but she never even fussed until she saw her Daddy running for the finish line! I think she expected him to stop, so when he kept running past us, she lost it! The rest of the race though, she was content to watch everything going on around her and eat snacks!

Here's my man before the race! What a stud ;)




Out in front from the very beginning...

This is where he started to really pull away from the pack. I don't know how he did as well as he did...there was a lake wind advisory with 35mph gusts. He said that the water was so choppy from the wind that the waves were over his head...

Something he said he didn't think about beforehand was the boats! It was great that they were there since the choppy water really took a toll...there were at least 5 people pulled out of the water within the first 30 seconds of the swim...but Chris said the wakes were horrible!!!



1st transition!!! Chris said he was already really tired by this point because the swim was so hard because of the wind, but he looked great to me!


Coming in for his 2nd transition...





1 comments:
Congratulations! What an accomplishment! I'm tired just looking at the pictures! I can't believe how big (and beautiful) the girls are getting! They grow up way too fast! Hope to see you in August! Aunt Sue
Post a Comment