Things have been crazy around here the last month. Chris has been deep in triathlon training. He has 10 that he's competing in this year! The first one is this weekend at Degray. The girls and I are so excited to watch him WIN!!! I am really so proud of how disciplined and hard working he is...and I admire him for it. I pray that I can be like him one day. I'll try to get a spot close to the transition area so that I can take a few pictures to post along with his times.
Alyssa has been busy with being 5! She is still loving preschool, of course. We have a field trip to the zoo next week, so we are all looking forward to that! She'll start swimming lessons again in May, and we are all excited about her expending a little more energy somewhere besides home! It's crazy to me to realize that this time next year she'll be joining the swim team! After completing kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN. Kindergarten. Maybe if I say it enough it won't sound like a real word anymore. Then I won't have to be sad that my baby...my firstborn that made me a mommy...is old enough for kindergarten. She's officially accepted to our top choice of schools, which we are very excited about. I know that she'll thrive anywhere she is, but I'm so grateful that God has chosen a wonderful Christian school for her to grow up in. But, until then, I'll do my best to keep her my baby!
Blakely has been busy being...well, busy. That kid is non-stop, on the go, all the time. She got new shoes yesterday. Evidently they're good for hopping because that's all she's done in them! She literally hopped her way into MDO today! And she is such a smarty-pants! She knows most parts of her body, but right now her favorites to name are pingers, toes, and chicks (cheeks). Oh, and she also likes to show and tell you what a nose says, "Honk, honk!" She is very into learning her colors and gets them correct about 50% of the time...pink, green, blue and red are her favorites. Blakely is still very loving and affectionate. I get huge bear hugs after every diaper change. She literally hugs with her whole body. You can feel every inch of her tense up when she throws those sweet arms around your neck and squeezes! Makes every moment of her throwing fits when she doesn't get her way worth it! Blakely is also such a server. She'll bring you anything that she knows or thinks belongs to you...even if you don't want or need it! Also, when she knows she's not supposed to do something, but she's doing it or about to do it, my name changes from "Mommy, Mommy" to "Mom. Mo-om. Mom." It's like she's warning me before she get into too much trouble!!!
As for me, I've been busy too. Keeping up with all of them! Chris and I are learning how to balance this new season of our lives. We went on a lunch date today while the girls were at school instead of trying to squeeze in quality time at night with the girls all over us and work waiting on him. One of my best friends had a baby boy a few weeks ago and my SIL is due with her baby boy in a few more weeks, so I've had a few projects going on for them that I've had so much fun with! I'll post pictures of that in another post. I've also really been making an effort to take time for myself. Sometimes that means quiet time working on the Bible study that I'm doing right now, Breaking Free. Sometimes it means doing housework at night without little ones needing my attention somewhere else. Sometimes it means doing nothing. What I have learned is that there is plenty of time in the day for everything that NEEDS to be done. That last load of laundry, facebook, errands and emails will all be there later for me to take care of...my girls, my man, my God, and myself are way higher up on the priority list than any of that stuff.
Here's a ton of pictures from the last few weeks...in no particular order!












0 comments:
Post a Comment