CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Such a Sweetie!!!


 Several months ago, I started seeing kids' birthday parties with amazing candy bars. So when I was ready to start planning for Blakely's 2nd birthday, that's what I had in mind. However, once I got to thinking about and planning it, I knew that if I did a candy bar, it would be WAY too much candy leftover (and too expensive) for what we were planning. Then I came across this line of products at thetomkatstudio and was completely inspired! Thankfully, I have a very talented, graphic designer husband who is willing to design things for me as well as teach me how to do them too! I am proud to say that most of the design work was done by me for once! Ha! Here is the invitation! It is by far my favorite invitation that I've done for either of the girls, and it was super easy! I love it!


We had the party at my best friend's mom's house again so that we could utilize her great pool and backyard in this July heat. She has a great alcove on her back porch that is perfect for parties. I knew that the insulation foam board that my friend Meredith used for this would be perfect for a backdrop on the food table. I made several fake lollipops in different sizes by cutting out cardboard circles, covering them in striped wrapping or scrapbook paper, adding sticks and then topping it off with cellophane wrap, a ribbon, and a "b" sticker! They turned out precious! Add a "Sweet Shoppe" sign, a few tissue paper poms (courtesy of Meredith!), and the food, and the table was complete!



One of my favorite design elements is the fuzzy poms that I used in the glass jars for the lollipops! I used a styrofoam cone in the middle for stability and surrounded it with the poms. I thought it turned out so, so cute!


The party favors were super simple, but I thought they turned out precious!




To keep in line with the lollipop theme, I decided on a menu of yummies that could be put on a stick! We had fruit skewers of pineapple and strawberries with fruit dip, red velvet cake pops, chocolate dipped marshmallow pops, brownie pops, cupcakes with lollipop picks in them, and, of course, lollipops! It was all so delish! There were only a few marshmallow pops and half a dozen cupcakes leftover, so I think all of our guests enjoyed it too!



I especially think the birthday girl enjoyed it!!!










After cake, marshmallow pops, and a quick swim to clean her off, we dove right into all of the wonderful presents! She really got into them this year!



Papaw Boots and Ginny got her a great tutu and dress up shoes. Being the girl that LOVES clothes, shoes, and accessories that she is, of course she had to put them on immediately!















Something else that I decided to do for Blakely this year was a birthday banner. My friend, Joanna, came up with a great idea of a cupcake banner that we could add a candle to every year. I hope to use it through her 5th birthday. Although I have good handwriting, I am horrible when it comes to lettering anything, so Joanna always does that for me! I handled the cupcake part with a little advice from Meredith and my mom on the process. Thanks for your help everyone! I thought it turned out so cute, and Blakely LOVED it! She kept saying, "Pwetty, pwetty!" while Joanna was hanging it! She was doing the same with the other decorations. I love that she appreciates all of the hard work!





More party pics!!!

Alyssa and the Gillson boys having a great time in the pool!


Sweet Abbie! Look at those gorgeous eyes!!!


Alyssa and baby Jacob! Love, love, love these pics!!!



We love our Jo Jo!!!



My amazing family! I am so blessed.

1 comments:

Cerys said...

This is so cute! I love the idea of food on sticks! I'd thought of doing a candy buffet but was worried about all that leftover candy (which inevitably I'd eat) this is a great alternative!