CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Blakely!

I can't believe another year has gone by so quickly. It is unreal to think that at this time two years ago, I was in a BHC delivery room getting to know my sweet second born. I've heard my mom say countless times over the years that with every child you have, it's like you grow another heart. It's got to be true, otherwise I wouldn't be able to love both of my girls and Chris as much as I do.

So, my precious Blakely...what are you up to at the ripe old age of 2?

**You are like a sponge! You peat and repeat almost everything you hear. Which means that everyone has to be much more careful about the words spoken around you...on TV, radio, and when someone drops a box full of straight pins and almost teaches you an ugly word.
**You are so smart! Your daddy and I have always joked that our kids are genetically superior, and even though we are a bit biased, we believe it about both of you! You recognize most of your ABC's, can count to 10, point to and name most of the parts of your body, name lots of colors and several shapes!
**You are SO well mannered! I almost never have to prompt you to say "thank you" because you do it, usually multiple times, on your own. You are also very good about saying please and excuse me. Although, you do tend to think that if you say, "please" you should automatically get whatever it is you're asking for!
**We are getting ready to potty train once things slow down a bit around here. You are definitely ready and have used the potty successfully twice. Now we just need a few days to stay home and focus on it!
**Some of your favorite things to do are color, read (by yourself, or one of us, including Alyssa, reading to you), play with blocks, babies and puzzles.
**You are still my little fashionista! You love shoes, clothes, jewelry, hair accessories...anything "pwetty!" You regularly get into my shoes and get a matching pair for yourself and bring a pair to me...always my highest, dressiest heels. And always matching pairs...even if you have to hunt for them!
**You are EXTREMELY opinionated about what clothes and shoes you want to wear. I either have to force you to put on things that I choose, or I have to keep offering you choices until you decide that it's "pwetty" enough. You are usually pretty good about telling me which shoes you want to wear by repeating and demanding the color of them over and over!
**On that note, you're pretty opinionated about everything. Wonder where you got that from?
**You are so loving and cuddly, just like when you were a newborn. Several times a day, we all get unsolicited hugs and kisses from you. I hear "whold you" several times a day (and so does your daddy) because you just want to be held and loved on. You are very much a physical touch love language little girl!
**Daddy is your hero. Most of the time you don't call him "Daddy", you call him "My Daddy." You cry like you're hurt if he even looks at your sternly. If he is around, you are most likely attached to him in some way. He adores every minute of it, so don't let him fool you. He is such a wonderful daddy. He works hard, prays hard, and is a constant good example of the kind of godly man that you should marry. What's even better is that he knows how important his role is in your relationship with Jesus, and he works so hard to make sure that you know how much he loves you so that there is never a question in your mind how much your Heavenly Father loves you. He deserves all of the love you shower on him every day.
**You definitely take after your Daddy because you are a little fish! You LOVE to "smim!" Last week, you figured out how to hold your breath underwater, and you've been nonstop! You love it!
**You are not, by any means, a picky eater. You are, however, a moody eater. One day you will love something and the next minute you won't touch it. Some of your favorites right now are strawberries, pizza (pizzzza, pizzzza!), juice (which is still mainly water), turkey, "nacks", and anything you can eat with a fork. You finally started liking salad yesterday after months of me trying to get you to eat it....I guess the fork is what finally drew you in.
**Every night we have a family prayer time. When you pray, you repeat words after me and squeeze your eyes shut really tight. It is without a doubt my favorite time of the day with you, Alyssa and Daddy.
**You still take a 2 to 3 hour afternoon nap. Sometimes you fight it, but we're usually busy enough during the morning that you're ready to sleep. You are still using your paci, but only at nap and bedtimes. In the morning when I come in your room to get you out of bed, you take it out of your mouth and throw it down into your bed because you know that is where it stays.
**Everyday after nap time, you ask, "Nood nap? Nood day?" You want us to ask you if you had a good nap and if you're having a good day...which you always answer yes to both.
**One of the funniest things that you're doing right now is saying, "Hi Mama!" at every octave your little voice can reach, from highest to lowest. You say it, and I say, "Hi Blakely!" back in the same way! The funniest is when you say it really low. It's hilarious and you are very aware of it!
**You are a very jealous baby girl. You DO NOT like it when you spot me holding another child, usually Jacob or Colin, or even if I'm cuddling with Alyssa. You'll tell her to "go pay! go pay room!" so that you can have me to yourself. You love to get in my lap and for me to rock you like a baby. You'll say, "my baby, my baby!" I adore it!
**You are your big sister's shadow. I don't know what you're going to do when Sissy starts kindergarten in the fall. I'm afraid you'll feel lost without her. You are at the age now where you both play so well together for long periods of time. I love to just watch you both.

Blakely,
       I haven't really let myself think about your birthday too much. But now, here it is, and you are a two year old. I can't believe how fast this past year has gone, and am scared to think about how time only seems to speed up.
       I am so proud to be your mommy and so blessed to get to be with you every day. I love spending my days with you. You have brought so much joy, laughter, and life to all of us. I love everything about you...from your sweet, loving spirit to your stubborn streak.
      Happy 2nd birthday, sweet baby girl. How about we take this next year a little bit slower? Okay? ("Okay, Mommy."  You always answer me that way!)

      I love you.
      Mommy

0 comments: