CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Grrrrreat!!!!

For those of you who know my daddy, you know he has a great sense of humor. He also adores his grandbabies. So anytime he can put the two together, he has so much fun. On Tuesday night, he and Ginny kept Blakely for us while we took Alyssa to an ice cream social at her new kindergarten. When we got back, Daddy was excited to show us, especially Chris, what he'd taught Blakely.

Later that evening, my cousin (Daddy's nephew), passed away. He was in a horrible motorcycle accident on Friday night while responding to a volunteer fire fighter call. Taylor was only 28 years old and had the biggest heart of anyone you'll ever meet. We are all devastated. I can't begin to imagine what my uncle and aunt are going through. The loss of a child is unfathomable.

Yesterday, my Daddy was at the family farm with my aunt, uncle, and countless other family and friends. I knew it would be a hard day for him, so I made and sent him the video below. I knew it would make him smile, and that he would enjoy showing it to everyone. It wasn't surprising when I went there today that several people brought it up.

The visitation is tomorrow evening, and the funeral is on Saturday morning. I have heard from so many friends offering their condolences and prayers. Please continue those prayers for our family throughout this weekend and on...and enjoy this video of my sweet baby.

YouTube Video


0 comments: