CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bittersweet

I stopped nursing Blakely yesterday. She's doing great...hasn't seemed to miss it. I, on the other hand, am having a hard time letting it go. I know she's ready because she's pretty much lost interest in it, but it's sad. She'll never need me in the same way again. It won't be long before she doesn't even seem like a baby anymore. I love the freedom that completely weaning her gives me, but for the next few days, the physical reminder of that time with her being over is bittersweet...especially with the knowledge that we could be done having little ones. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if I end up nursing her tomorrow. A few more days of that sweet bond would do my heart some good! And I don't have one of these with Blakely yet...


I hope none of you find this picture too personal, but I love it...it's one of my favorites of Alyssa. Chris took it from over my shoulder (kind of) so that when Alyssa is 10 years old, I can look back and remember what she looked like while I fed her. It is a very precious memory to me, and I need to capture it with Blakely too. So that time doesn't steal it away from my memory.

Alyssa & Blakely,
I love you, girls...don't grow up too fast on me!
Love,
Mommy

1 comments:

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

girl-i am going through the same thing sorta. i think i am ready to wean calleigh, but she still likes it, but i am ready for the freedom. we only nurse in the morning and night, but still... guess it is opposite of you. it is such a sweet time and i feel fortunate i have been able to do for a whole year.