CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Swimming, Singing, Sliding & Serving

Blakely's 1st birthday party was this past Saturday at the Kreth's pool. We all had so much fun. The kids all enjoyed swimming and slip 'n' sliding.







None of us can believe that our sweet Blakely is already a year old!


We have an amazing group of friends that have such serving spirits. Lee was adamant that she make these wonderful cookies for B's special day. They were eaten up in a hurry...so yummy! Thanks so much, Lee!


My best friend, Desha (aka "Uncle Sha") not only offered her parents house/yard, but she also helped set everything up for the party. She is always such a huge help with anything I ask her to do...even if it's just let me stress when time is running out before guests arrive!


My other best friend, Jessica, was out of town, but she helped me with this too cute sherbet dessert that was PERFECT for our watermelon theme! Everyone LOVED it! Thanks, Jess! We missed you!


While I was busy feeding Blakely, Meredith was my photographer! Thanks so much, Mer, for making sure I had great pictures to remember Blakely's 1st birthday! It meant so much to me for you to be there!!! (And of course thanks for the watermelon theme idea!)

The too cute cakes from Mickey's! They were SO yummy!!!


The smash cake!




My wonderful and creative husband carved a watermelon for me! Thanks, babe!


I love all of this watermelon decor! I got the baskets at Hobby Lobby (thanks AGAIN, Mer!) and the paper products online.


Singing "Happy Birthday!" to the birthday girl! She loved all the attention and couldn't wait to get her hands on that cake!


Mommy and Sissy helping blow out the candles!


It took her about two seconds to jump right in!






Cake kisses! I have a picture like this with Alyssa too on her 1st birthday.






"Want some, Daddy? It's super yummy!"

Having her 1st birthday party at the pool was very convenient for cleaning her up after eating cake! We just hopped in the pool!


Instead of everyone bringing presents for Blakely, we asked everyone to bring toys or other activities (like colors, games, etc...) for us to donate to Arkansas Children's Hospital. We did this partly because we have plenty of toys, but mainly we did it to teach Alyssa about giving to others. Everyone was so generous in what they bought for ACH, and Alyssa is so excited to buy our donations and to take everything to the hospital. I pray that this is a lesson that really sticks with her! Thanks everyone for helping out with the donations!

We couldn't have asked for a better 1st birthday party for Blakely! Even the weather was perfect! So glad you had a wonderful party, sweetie! We love you!


1 comments:

rachel said...

i was out of town when you posted this and wondering yesterday if y'all had a party!!! I LOVE THE WATERMELON theme..way too cute..and adorable pictures...happy (belated) 1st birthday Blakely...hope your summer is great!!!