CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vacation

This past weekend we spent 3 fantastic days in Seagrove Beach, FL...our first family vacation. The only thing that would've made it better was more time! The weather was perfect and so were the kids. We played in the ocean, made sand castles, hunted for crabs...plus a thousand other things. I've been through hundreds of pictures over the last few days and finally decided on a few to put on here. I tried to keep it to 20 or less, but I think there's about 25...they're in no particular order, but they are all my favorites!



Family photos...












This is one tuckered out baby girl...she took some REALLY good naps while we were there!


Hunting for crabs...so much fun!


Mommy and her beach baby!

Blakely had a Love/Hate relationship with the beach...she LOVED the sand and HATED the ocean! She would put her head on our shoulder, her arm over her face, and latch on to whoever was holding her when we got close to the water!

Isn't my family gorgeous?!?



My baby girls' footprints...

Alyssa on the other hand LOVED the ocean. On the first day, she wouldn't get more than a toe in without someone holding her. On the last day she would barely let us touch her! She loved jumping the "wazers" (That's what she called waves when she was about 2, so we still call them that!)



Sweet, sandy baby toes...

Alyssa and Chris' sand castle...everyone that walked by thought that the sand paint was so neat. Alyssa loved all the attention!

Alyssa and Aunt Lisa...the most wonderful, fantastic, amazing SIL/babysitter in the world! Thanks again so much for going with us, Lisa! You really made our first beach trip with the girls wonderful!

This is one tired beach baby!

The beach wears Daddy out too! Thanks so much for working so hard for our family, Chris, so that we can make such wonderful memories! We love you!

7 comments:

hannah said...

whitney,

i LOVE these pictures. i LOVE the new header picture. you are absolutely beautiful in it. such a beautiful family.

i love the picture of you and your beach baby. and the one of chris and blakely is too cute.

thanks for sharing!

Tiffany Dawn said...

LOVE these pics!! Looks like SO much fun!!! The one of Alyssa and Chris is my fav of all!! So cute!

I've never made it to FL, but after seeing your pics, I'd like to more than ever!!!!!

Kristen Black said...

ADORABLE! I love Blakely's bikini!!! Looks like such a fun family trip.

Kristi said...

love the pictures! especially the fam pic!

The Cates Fam said...

The pictures are adorable! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

OH I bet yall had the best time!!! I have missed you...at least your emails!! Glad yall made it back safely...good luck with the challenge!! Hopefully it is going well!

The Bells said...

These are beautiful! Glad you guys could enjoy a nice family get-away. And I'm jealous!