I wish I had taken a ton of pics to document this long weekend, but of course I didn't so words will have to work so that I can remember it all. We had so much fun though! Earlier this summer, Chris bought me a bike. I haven't had the chance to ride it yet because of the girls, but on Saturday we bought a bike trailer so that Chris could pull them while we rode. (That way I can keep up with him!) After lunch at Panera and a quick nap for the girls, we rode out at Two Rivers Park and across the "Little Dam Bridge" while the girls encouraged us and cheered for us the whole way! I told Chris he needs to pull his little cheerleaders in his races!!! When we got home it was time for the first Razorback game of the season!!! After a little issue with Comcast PPV, we finally got the game on the TV and burgers on the grill! It was great to be cheering on the Hogs again! Razorback football season is my favorite time of year!
On Sunday, we went to Prime Time (Sunday School) and worship at church. It was our pastor's first Sunday back in the pulpit since his summer sabbatical, so it was a great service! (It's always great, but we were so excited to have him back!) The girls have started Awana's for this year, too. Blakely said her 1st verse for Cubbies this past Sunday. She was so excited! She also learned a verse at school this week and has repeated it countless times, "Obey God with all your heart. Deuteronomy 30:2" (And yes, she says the reference perfectly. So stinkin' cute!) Hopefully the message about obeying is sinking in for her! She's definitely my strong willed child! After lunch, Chris took the girls on another bike ride while I napped! It was great!
Today was Labor Day, and the first taste of fall weather this year! Chris went on a "real" bike ride while the girls and I slept in. When he got home, we all went for a late breakfast at IHOP. Chris and I prefer Cracker Barrel breakfast, but the girls wanted smiley face pancakes! Around noon, we headed to climb Pinnacle Mountain with the girls, my dad and stepmom. The park and trails were packed, but it was still fun. Only Chris and Alyssa made it to the peak. ( I was afraid about getting back down with Blakely...even though she was fearless!!!) Chris told me later all about their conversation about how awesome God is and how amazing it is that He made the beautiful nature around us! She already has such a sweet heart for God. Makes this mama proud! We've also been really working with both the girls on their words, speaking positively rather than negatively...not giving power to negative thoughts or words. Anyway, Chris said that on their way down from the peak, Alyssa said something about the climb down being hard. She quickly corrected herself and said, "Wait. I'm not going to speak that it's going to be hard because then it will be REALLY hard. Dad, this climb down is going to be fun!" We are so amazed at how God is always at work in our kids! Here's the only pic from the weekend!
Alyssa surrounded by God's beauty!
After we got back to the bottom, there was a van from St. Vincent's passing out free popsicles and fudgesicles! So yummy after a long climb down with kids on our backs! After baths and a little rest, we ended the night with dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. The girls were acting silly (right along with their parents) so it was such a fun night! Can next weekend be a holiday weekend, too???

0 comments:
Post a Comment