Today was Blakely's first day of preschool!
She has been so excited to start school, especially since Alyssa's
already been in school for a couple of weeks.
We went last Thursday to meet her teachers (Mrs. Alana and Mrs. Leigh Ann), see her new classroom and take her school supplies. She loved it! Needless to say, she was ready to get there this morning. To the point where we got there a few minutes early. We passed the time talking about what she was going to do at school. She told me all about the fun she and her friends were going to have on the playground (that we could see from the car.)
And doing "cool tricks" with our pigtails ;)
It was FINALLY time to head inside!!! (After a WHOLE 8 minutes! Ha!)
We saw Mrs. Kristie, the preschool's director, at the front door and gave her a "1st Day of School Survival Kit" AKA - Hershey's Kisses and Aleve.
I was a little afraid that once she realized that I was leaving she would get a little clingy, but not my big girl! We found her seat at her table. "Look, Mommy! It's my name! See! B for Blakely!!!"
(When did she get so grown up?)
After that, she gave me a hug, a kiss and an "I love you, too, Mommy!" before she ran off to play with friends! I'm so grateful that she loves her school and wasn't clinging to my leg. But, at the same time...I miss my baby!!!
I wish I'd taken a pic to document picking her up from the first day. She wasn't in the same cute dress, but in her spare outfit. Evidently, there's just way too much fun going on at school to bother with going to the bathroom. She, along with 3 other kids, had accidents because they waited too long to go potty! Bless Mrs. Alana and Mrs. Leigh Ann's hearts!!! Hopefully, she'll make time from now on to go to the potty BEFORE the potty dancing starts!
0 comments:
Post a Comment