CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I am so grateful to get to celebrate being a mommy because I have these two precious babies! God is SO good! I had a great Mother's Day with my family. We weren't able to be with either of our moms, so we spent the day going to church, relaxing at home, and then out for a yummy dinner at Copeland's. (Can anybody say spinach dip with fried bow tie pasta? YUM.) Chris and the girls gave me sweet cards and a Starbucks gift card. Love!
I ended up being able to use my gift card on some caffeine the next morning since I spent most of the night in the ER at AR Children's Hospital with my best friend and her oldest son. He was in a fluke ATV accident, and ended up with a foot pedal puncturing his abdomen. Thank goodness for wonderful doctors and nurses at ACH. He had the accident at about 4 pm, got to ACH at around 8:30 (they were out of town and he was brought by ambulance), had surgery around midnight, and walked out of the ER to go home at 2am. He's sore, but doing well. I may not have given birth to Chase, but love him as much as if I had, so it was so scary to think of how bad the accident could've been. As I said before, God is SO good, and I am so thankful for His protection of all of my "kids." Being a mom and aunt is the best job in the world! (On the plus side, I have the greatest group of friends ever, and we ALL showed up at the ER! It was great to get to visit and catch up while we were there! I love my friends, but next time I'd rather not be at the ER when we all find time to visit!) So an uneventful Mother's Day turned into an eventful one, but all of my "kids" being happy and healthy is the best present ever!

0 comments: