CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

2 months old already...

Blakely turned 2 months old last week, so I'm a little late in posting this, but better late than never! She had a great check up at the doctor...she's 11 lbs. 8 oz. (50th percentile) and 23.75 inches long (95th percentile!!!) Dr . Montgomery was very impressed at how well she holds her head up and how strong her legs are...Blakely would've very quickly scooted herself across the table on her tummy if I hadn't held on to her! Getting her shots was very sad. She cried really loud for just a few seconds, then held her breath for about 20 seconds - until she turned really red and the nurse let me pick her up! I cried too! She was really sleepy for a couple of days and slept a lot, but then she was back to normal!

Just a few things that she's doing:

*Sleeping through the night...most nights she goes to bed by 10 and doesn't wake up until 6 or 6:30. Sometimes she gets up around 4 to eat. She's also FINALLY sleeping in her bed at night too instead of with me!
*Nursing is going well...we've been treating thrush on both of us for 2 weeks and still have a week left of meds, but it's just more inconvenient than anything.



*Holds her head up like a pro! Still bobbles around some, but she's very strong for being 2 months old.




*Loves tummy time, but she is more interested in scooting with her knees than working on raising her head! She can scoot across a blanket on the floor in no time!


*Rolling from side to back and vice versa. Shouldn't be too long before it's the real deal!






*And, my favorite, LOTS of smiles and goos and coos. I never would've thought that changing diapers would be my favorite time of the day, but that's when I get tons of sweet smiles and we "talk" I absolutely love it!

0 comments: