Oh my goodness! I can't believe that it's been so long since I've posted anything on the blog. Well, yes I can when I look at the list of things I need to update! So, here goes!
August
After we lost Taylor, it was time for us to go to Branson for our summer get together with Chris' family from Chicago. We always have so much fun! It was Alyssa's first time to tube on the lake and everyone's first chance to meet Jacob!
September
Once we got into the groove of kindergarten, it was time for Alyssa to start soccer, Blakely to start MDO, and both girls to start gymnastics!!
Chris and I also got a weekend away to go to Ty and Stephanie's wedding. It's always so much fun getting to spend time with our friends from college!
Alyssa also had her first kindergarten field trip...the fire station! It was extra special because her teacher's husband is a fire captain and his brother is the fire chief! Fire Captain Coney is also on LRFD's bomb squad, so the kids got to see the robot in action!
October
It seems like there was a ton of weddings in 2010! In October, Chris and I headed for another weekend away by ourselves to Fayetteville and Eureka Springs for one of his childhood friend's weddings. Chris' family and several of our friends were at this one, too, so it was lots of fun! Ben and Alli make a gorgeous couple!
While we were gone, Alyssa lost her first two teeth and had some fun with friends at LRCA's fall festival!
We also headed to the pumpkin patch at Wildwood with her class!
Before we knew it, it was Halloween. Time for parties and Trunk or Treat!!!
November
November was full of so many fun things! Like my best friend's surprise 40th birthday party! Desha is a former national champion figure roller skater, so I thought what better way to celebrate than with a skating party! She was completely shocked and we all had so much fun!
Kidz RAP is a great service project ministry at Alyssa's school. We always have so much fun making things to help out the homeless in Little Rock and patients at ACH!
Alyssa got her first real manicure!
Thanksgiving week at Alyssa's school is packed with fun activities ending with a feast at a local park! So much fun! (One mom brought the BEST EVER pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing! SO GOOD!!!)
Once school was out for Thanksgiving break, Blakely and I got serious about potty training. She is so smart and only took about 3 days to really get the hang of it. At first she was scared...I literally sat in the floor straddling her potty hugging her while she finally went ti ti for the first time. Sweet baby. She's still in pull-ups at nap and bedtimes or when I know we'll be in the car for a while, but other than that, she's a pro!
December
Our pal, Buddy came back to visit us on December 1st! The girls had so much fun finding him every morning! He really got us all in the Christmas spirit!!
I can't believe I have a 6 year old!!! The day before her birthday, it was her special day in class. Each classmate makes a card, tells about it when they give it to her and giver her a "heartprint." My favorite was from her friend, Emma. She said, "I like you just the way you are."
And of course we had to make a visit to see Mrs. Fancy Nancy while we were there. She spoils the girls silly!
Since her birthday fell on a Saturday this year, we got to have a gymnastics party on her actual birthday! The girls all had a blast!
My sweet Jacob! He'll be bouncing at next year's parties, I'm sure!
One of Alyssa's birthday presents was tickets to see The Nutcracker for the first time. We had so much fun on our Mommy/Daughter date! (And B had to get in on the pics, too!)
This year, Chris and I decided to "borrow" an idea from my college friend, Tanna, and her husband in regards to Christmas gifts. We bought each other a gift from each of 5 categories...something thoughtful, something spiritual, something sweet, something to make you smile, and something useful. We set a total budget of $150 for each of us to buy all 5 gifts so that we really had to put some thought and planning into it! We had so much fun opening presents this year! And not just because of watching the kids! Ha!
Cell phone and Starbucks...she's ready to go!!
My new sister, Cameron, and her boyfriend, Thomas.
My "baby" brother and sister!
Our First Christmas!!!
Happy Birthday, Aunt Bettylynn!!!
Happy Birthday, Jesus!
Telling stories about our Taylor. Oh how we miss him!
We stopped my Taylor's grave on our way home. My sweet hubby took photos of it in the freezing cold. It was so neat to see all the ornaments that people have hung on his tree.
The day after Christmas, we headed to Branson to celebrate with Chris' family! We always have so much fun! And we usually take tons of pictures, but this year we only got one...on Lisa's phone! Ha! Alyssa went with the big kids to play mini golf while Chris and I went out to dinner with Jason and Kari. We all had a blast!
With Alyssa's birthday and Christmas festivities, December is always a crazy busy month. This year we decided that it wasn't crazy enough, so we decided to move the week after Christmas. Such a blessing from God, but the timing was NUTS! However, we are so much closer to Alyssa's school and everything else, that it's all been worth it. We are settling in and LOVE our new place. God is so, so good.
Happy New Year!!!




































0 comments:
Post a Comment