You are still a girl that adores her accessories. Necklaces, bracelets, gloves, scarves, hats, shoes...especially shoes. Yet, the first thing you do when we're in the car is take off your shoes and socks. And you throw them. It's amazing how long it takes me to find them sometimes. Drives. Me. Nuts. But you're pretty cute back there playing with your toes.

You are still in love with Barney & Friends. And brushing your hair. So we did both a few days ago at the same time. I tried a real ponytail while you sang along and did the motions to "Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun." I will never forget the first time I saw you do that. Adorable!
You were a baby of few words, but all of a sudden...true to your Mullins and Baker roots...you have become a Chatty Cathy. Some of your newest words that you say are paci, och (ouch), doodreaux (Boudreaux...Uncle Sha's new puppy), soders (shoulders), Daddy (instead of Da Da), cat, coo (cool), pank (spank...I know. Sad. She pretends to spank herself with anything that's rectangular like her spanking stick), chea (chair), and sossy (horsey). Because of this new found love of words, you've fallen even more in love with your picture books. We point to the pictures, and you tell us what it is. Except for bath...you tell us what the bathtub is while you run to your bathroom trying to take off your clothes because you want to take a bath. You LOVE them. We have to watch you closely because you try to "swim" face down and on your back...that's true to your White roots!
This next picture (and the ones in the blue dress) are so special to me because they are pictures of you in clothes that Mimi bought for Alyssa. I can't wait for you to get to know your Mimi better. You will adore her. I don't know how anyone couldn't. And just so you know, she already adores you.

Another of your favorite things to do is animal sounds...cat, dog, cow, pig, sheep, horse, and hippo. The picture below is what a hippo says. ;)
I hate that the last picture is blurry, but it's so good of you. Such a great representation of how happy you are. When you smile, you smile with your whole face. No, you smile with your whole body. Same with hugs and kisses...you are so exuberant in all you do. Even throwing fits. And this brown eyed Mommy wouldn't have it any other way. I love you, Blakely.
0 comments:
Post a Comment